- About Us
- Results ▶
- History ▶
- Video Gallery
Romford - Harlow
1. The Club shall be called the Becontree Wheelers Cycling Club. It shall be open to all cyclists and shall be affiliated to the B.C.F. and any other Association deemed necessary by the Committee.
2. The Club may incorporate a Limited Liability Company to be known as Becontree Wheelers Promotions Ltd. or some such similar title to carry on all or any part of the objects of race organisation or promotion as may be deemed necessary and may authorise the transfer of such part of the affairs, property and funds of the Club to such Company upon such terms as it may think proper. The Club's shareholding in any Company so incorporated shall be held by Trustees on its behalf but subject thereto and to the powers of the Annual General Meeting to delegate power to a duly elected Committee hereinafter mentioned the Annual General Meeting shall have absolute control of all affairs property and funds of the Club.
3. Only firstclaim members are eligible to compete for Club awards.
4. Annual subscriptions (due at the beginning of the financial year) are: Juvenile (under 16 yrs) £9.50, Junior (16 to 18 yrs) £10.50, Senior (over 18 yrs) £15.00,Associate / Social £5.00 .
All members, other than Associate areadvised to join the B.C.F. or C.T.C . Any member three months in arrears will be deemed a defaulter.
5. The affairs of the Club shall be administered by a Committee elected by the Annual General Meeting. Such Committee shall comprise of the Chairman, General Secretary & Treasurer, plus two Committee Members. A quorum shall be three members.
6. When any member of the Committee has been absent from three consecutive meetings He/She shall , failing a satisfactory explanation to the remainder of the Committee, lose His/Her seat. The Committee shall have the power to fill any such position and also appoint sub-committees for special purposes.
7. The Financial year shall end on September 30th and the A.G.M be held not later than December 31st. The Treasurer shall present the Accounts and Balance Sheet thereto.
8. Noalterations in these rules shall be made except with the consent of at least two thirds of the members present at the A.G.M. , or special meeting called for the purpose, due notice having been given in the agenda at least 7 days prior to such meeting. A Special Meeting may be called at the requisition of twenty five per cent of the Club Membership or at the order of the Committee.
9. Any Member wishing to resign shall give written notice to the General Secretary.
10. Any Member behaving in a manner detrimental to the good name of the Club or to the interests of His/Her fellow Members may be expelled by a General Meeting. A majority of two thirds of those present shall be necessary for such expulsion.
11. Trophies shall be awarded Annually. All Trophies are Perpetual.
12. Any matter not provided for in these Rules shall be dealt with by the Committee, whose decision shall be binding on all parties.
1. All Club events shall be under the Rules of the BCF, CTT, or other official bodies as appropriate.
2. Club Events
Entry fees for Club events shall be:
3. Club Records
Riders improving on current Club records shall be awarded a suitable Record Certificate, subject to satisfactory proof of performance being provided VIZ:.
Private Events :- Signed statement from timekeeper
Club Events :- Result sheet from timekeeper
Open & Association Events :- Official Result Sheet
Private rides & Club Events :- Signed statement from timekeeper and observer
Open events :- Official Result Sheet or signed statement from timekeeper
For track records, all events will be timed by an official timekeeper and observed by an official observer, both of whom will be subject to approval by the Committee.
Riders attempting Standing Start records will be held up but will not receive a push start. Riders attempting Flying Start records must be within the "Sprinters' Line" at the actual start of the attempt.
4. Club Track Championships
The Championships shall be decided on an "Omnium" basis with points of 3, 2 and 1 being awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively in each event. The number and type of events in the Omnium shall be decided by the Committee. The maximum time between the first and last events shall be four weeks and riders are eligible for the category appropriate for their age at the time of the first event. The Club Committee may make other arrangements as necessary.
The Club shall appoint timekeepers, handicappers and observers, as necessary.
Entry fees for Open and Association events shall be subsidised for Schoolboys and Juniors whilst still at school or college. Subject to conditions laid down by the Committee, the subsidy to the rider shall be a maximum of 50% per entry.
7. Racing Fund
A Self Sponsorship Racing Fund shall be set up with a target of £150 to be raised from the General Fund and special fund raising activities.
a) Expenses may be paid to riders in direct relationship to performance on the following basis:
(i) National, Star Trophy & Peter Buckley events
1st/2nd - Refund of entry fees
3rd - 5th - Refund half of entry fees
(ii) Open Events
1st/1st H'cap & 2nd/2nd H'cap - Refund of entry fees
3rd - 5th - Refund half of entry fees
(iii) Breaking Club Record £5
(iv) Selection for National Teams
Racing abroad £10 Racing at home £5
b) Claims for awards must be made by submitting a copy of the result sheet to the committee as soon as possible.
c) Claims will be invalid if rider was not wearing a recognisable Club jersey during the event.
d) The Committee may award additional expenses from the Racing Fund at their discretion.
e) All payments to be made at the end of the season unless agreed by the committee.
PRESIDENT & VICE PRESIDENTS' B.A.R.TROPHY
Awarded under CTT B.A.R. system, confined to Club, association and open events at 25, 50, and 100 miles in events nominated by the committee before the start of the racing season.
L. ESHOUSE TROPHY
Awarded under CTT B.A.R. system, confined toClub, association and open events at 25, 50 and 100 miles in events nominated by the committee before the start of the racing season.
CHARLES HUTCHIN TROPHY
Awarded to the rider under 18 years of age with the fastest time on aggregate for two 10 and one 25 mile time trials inclub, association or open events.
Awarded to the fastest Club rider in rider ina selected association or open 100 miles T.T.
A.A. McKENZIE MEMORIAL TROPHY
Awarded to the fastest Club rider in aselected association or open 50 miles T.T.
GEORGE FELL MEMORIAL TROPHY
Awarded to the winner of the Club 25 miles Championship.
SYD JOHNSEN MEMORIAL TROPHY
Awarded to the rider under 18 years of age recording the fastest time in a Club, association or open 25 miles T.T.
JACK MILLER TROPHY
Awarded to the rider under 16 yrs of age with the fastest time on aggregate for three 10 mile time trials in Club, association or open events.
GRACE JEFFRIES AWARD
Awarded to the winner of the Club Hill Climb.
HEFFER MEMORIAL TROPHY
Awarded to the winner of a special 14 miles time trial around local lanes.
R. TOWERS & E. HIGHES MEMORIAL TROPHY
Awarded to the winner of the Club evening 10 miles T.T. series. Four fastest times on aggregate.
The Steve Jackson Memorial series
( CLUB MEDAL )
Awarded to the winner of the Club evening 10 miles T.T. series. with the greatest number of points.
J. WHITTAKER TROPHY
Awarded to the Club rider with the greatest distance in the E.C.C.A. 12 hours T.T.
S.W. JONES SHIELD
awarded to the rider with the best three performances in road races
awarded to the winner of a Senior Track Omnium
JACK MILLER TROPHY
awarded to the rider under 16 years of age, judged by the Committee to have gained the best placings in road races during the year
WILLIAM B. WHITE MEMORIAL TROPHY
awarded to the rider under 18 years of age, judged by the Committee to have gained the best placings in road races during the year
W.L. SKITT TROPHY
awarded to the winner of a Junior Track Omnium