Friday Evening 10 mile Time Trial series 2019
Course - E14a/10 based on Navestock Essex.
The events are scheduled to be held on the E14a/10 course based on Navestock.
These are Club events open for "Private" time trials subject to availability. Just turn up and ride. However, you must be a member of a club affiliated to Cycling Time Trials. If not, you will need to ask your club to arrange affiliation or alternatively join a club already affiliated. Becontree Wheelers welcomes new members. If an event is oversubscribed on the night, preference will be given to Becontree Wheelers members.
Entry fee £4 per ride for all under 18s, and £5 for all others.
Series to take place every Friday evening from early 5 April to 6 September.
Special events will be included as follows.
- "Prologue" 5 July 2019. One lap of the E14a course (approx 5 miles) to celebrate the start of the Tour de France which starts the next day.
- Athletes" 10. 19 July 2019. To be eligible for this event riders must use standard bicycles and equipment as follows-
- no tri-bars
- Wheels will have a rim depth of no more than 40mm and have standard spokes.
- Headgear to be a standared road helmet. No aero helmets or head fairings.
- no overshoes.
- Clothing should consist of separate Jersey and shorts (ie no one-piece skinsuit).
a penalty of 1 minute per item to be imposed.
Becontree members will be competing for the Les Stevens/Tony Dewerson memorial Trophy.
- "Fixed" Competition. 2 August 2019. To be eligible for the competition riders will be required to use a single fixed gear. Only Becontree club members using "fixed" gear machines will be edible for the points and series competitions.
Club champioship events for 2019 can be seen here.
Course - E34 based on Ockendon, Essex - Non Standard distance, approx 14 miles.
To be held on Wednesday 30 May 2018.
E34 14 Mile course.
Click here for full course details
Club members meet by the bus stop outside Corbetts Tey cemetery (RM14 2UY) each Sunday morning for a gentle social ride.
All members are welcome to participate but they leave at 9:00 am sharp so don't be late. The length of the ride and the route are generally agreed at the time.
The off road section of the club goes out twice a week.
Meet at Hacton Lane playground car park at 9am on Saturday mornings and at 9.30 am on Wednesday mornings.
You will need an off road machine as most of the riding is on trails.